The Ruger Precision Rifle is a highly configurable, in-line-recoil rifle with the kind of sub-MOA accuracy that puts more expensive rifles to shame. Every component has been carefully considered and precisely engineered…from the Multi-Mag Interface that accepts several different magazine styles, to the cold hammer-forged barrel, to the Marksman AdjustableTM trigger.
Also, the Gen 3 version takes all the great stuff you loved about the Gen 2—and make just a few tweaks. Firstly, the old KeyMod handguard has been replaced with a new lower-profile M-Lok handguard that gives you just a little more scope clearance for big optics—so if you prefer M-Lok, this is a nice change. Secondly, the improvement is a black nitride finish on the bolt, which replaces the stainless finish on the Gen 2 bolt. These aren’t groundbreaking changes by any means, but why overhaul a good thing? Bottom line: it’s still the RPR you know and love, but with a few shrewd improvements based on feedback from competitive shooters.
New for the Gen 3:
– New lower-profile free-float handguard with M-Lok slots rather than KeyMod slots
– Black nitride finished bolt
– Highly accurate 20″ Ruger cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with 5R Rifling at minimum bore and groove dimensions, minimum headspace, and centralized chamber
– Medium contour (.75” at the muzzle) barrel, with 5/8”-24 threads. Hybrid Muzzle Brake installed (thread protector included)
– Barrels can be easily replaced by a competent gunsmith using AR-style wrenches and headspace gauges
– “Lower” magazine well halves are precision machined from an aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging and are Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability
– “Upper” receiver and one-piece bolt are precision CNC-machined from pre-hardened 4140 chrome-moly steel to minimize distortion
– Three-lug bolt with 70° throw features dual cocking cams and a smooth-running, full diameter bolt body
– 20 MOA Picatinny rail secured with four #8-40 screws for increased long-range elevation capabilities
– The magazine well front is contoured for a positive grip for bracing against shooting supports
– Ruger Marksman Adjustable trigger is externally adjustable with a pull weight range of 2.25 to 5.0 lbs.
– Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation
– Equipped with a free-float handguard with M-Lok slots
– May be configured with any AR-style handguard
– Ruger Precision MSR stock features a bottom Picatinny rail and soft rubber buttpad
– Left-folding stock hinge is attached to an AR-style buffer tube and accepts any AR-style stock
– Adjustable for length of pull and comb height
Model: Precision Gen3 (18047)
Barrel Length: 20 Inch
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Register