Magpul RLS Sling, Black
Building on the heritage and proven performance of Magpul’s MS Sling series, the Magpul RLS (Rifleman Loop Sling) is a durable, lightweight, and affordable shooting aid and retention device. Combining the best features of Rhodesian and 1907 match-style slings, the RLS was created with Magpul’s famous proprietary nylon mesh webbing and high-strength polymer hardware. The American-made Magpul RLS combines legendary Magpul innovation, quality, and design into a simple and effective shooting aid for less money than many slings that merely carry a rifle.
As a Standard Weapon Sling:
- In a retention role, the RLS serves dutifully as an unobtrusive weapon sling and retention device, securely keeping the rifle tucked behind the shoulder.
As a Stabilized Shooting Aid:
- When called upon, the RLS is rapidly employed with the adjustable forward loop gripping the rifleman’s support arm, locking in a steady shooting position and firmly planting the rifle butt against the shoulder.
- At the core of the RLS lies Magpul’s proprietary chafe-resistant 1 ¼” nylon mesh webbing. Its tubular construction eliminates harsh edges that can rub or snag and provides double layers of cushioned comfort against the end user while shouldered. During employment, the strap’s smooth texture remains comfortable, even when torqued against the user’s arm. Like all Magpul slings, colored webbing is NIR treated to reduce infrared signature.
- The Magpul RLS features lightweight reinforced high-strength injection-molded polymer hardware, and a proprietary sling keeper that leaves no tails or loose straps, eliminating snag hazards and distractions.
Lightweight and Durable:
- The Magpul RLS was designed with mobility in mind. At a mere 4.4 oz, the optimized weight of the RLS doesn’t add unnecessary ounces to the rifle and weighs less than many competing slings and straps. Like all Magpul slings, the RLS has been extensively tested to its limit to ensure reliability and performance in wet, dry, and sandy conditions, to include load and drop testing. It’s been hiked with, biked with, swam, climbed, hunted and shot (a lot) with in a variety of field conditions.